Shaping the future of Medicine
Dr. Patricia Gómez
- Partner & Head of Preclinical Research
- 15 years of experience in drug discovery
Prof. Juan Gómez-Reino, MD
• Partner & Clinical Advisor.
• Former Head of Rheumatology at the University Hospital – Santiago de Compostela.
• 40 years of experience in clinical research.
• Former clinical advisor to top pharmaceutical companies.
Prof. Balbino Alarcón
• Partner & Scientific Advisor.
• Full Research Professor at the National Research Council (CSIC) – Madrid.
• 30 years of experience in R&D.
• Scientific advisor to Artax Biopharma.
Prof. Ángel Messeguer
• Partner & Chemistry Advisor.
• Full Research Professor at the National Research Council (CSIC) – Barcelona.
• 40 years of experience in Medicinal Chemistry.
• Former scientific advisor to Menarini, Lipotec and Salvat.
Prof. Juan Jesús Pérez
- Partner & Scientific Advisor.
- Chair Dept of Chemical Engineering, Polytechnic University of Catalonia – Barcelona.
- 30 years of experience in Computational Chemistry.
- Former scientific advisor to Ferrer.
Prof. Ignacio Torres Alemán
- Partner & Scientific Advisor.
- Full Research Professor at the National Research Council (CSIC) - Madrid
- 30 years of experience in R&D.
- Former scientific advisor to Zeltia (Pharmamar).
Miguel Vega MEng, PDD-IESE
- Partner & Business Development Advisor
- 25 Years of R&D and BD experience: Spanish National Genomic Foundation, UAM, European Commission.
- Former institutional investor in Sanifit, Genmedica, Bioncotech, VCN Biosciences and many others.
Diego Labarquilla MEng, MBA-Insead
- Partner & Finance Advisor
- President of Savera Group.
- Former corporate investor in Tigenix, recently acquired by Takeda.
- Insulin-like growth factor I sensitization rejuvenates sleep patterns in old mice GeroScience (May 2022)
- A hotspot mutation targeting the R-RAS2 GTPase acts as a potent oncogenic driver in a wide spectrum of tumors Cell Rep. 2022 Mar
- Overexpression of wild type RRAS2, without oncogenic mutations, drives chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Molecular Cancer Feb 2022
- Structure-Activity Studies of Novel di-substituted [1,2,5]oxadiazolo[3,4-b]pyrazine Analogs Targeting the A-loop Regulatory Site of p38 MAP Kinase. Curr Med Chem 2021 Jul 12.
- Reduced Insulin-Like Growth Factor-I Effects in the Basal Forebrain of Aging Mouse. Front Aging Neurosci. 2021 Sep
- RRAS2 shapes the TCR repertoire by setting the threshold for negative selection. J Exp Med. 2019 Jul
- Serum Insulin-Like Growth Factor I Deficiency Associates to Alzheimer's Disease Co-Morbidities. J Alzheimers Dis. 2019 Apr
- Axonal and Myelin Neuroprotection by the Peptoid BN201 in Brain Inflammation. Neurotherapeutics. 2019 Feb
- Evaluation of 12 GWAS-drawn SNPs as biomarkers of rheumatoid arthritis response to TNF inhibitors. A potential SNP association with response to etanercept. PLoS One. 2019 Feb
- A window of opportunity for cooperativity in the T Cell Receptor. Nat Commun 2018 Jul
- R-Ras2 is required for germinal center formation to aid B cells during energetically demanding processes. Sci Signal. 2018 May
- Validation study of genetic biomarkers of response to TNF inhibitors in rheumatoid arthritis. PLoS One. 2018 May
- Replication study of polymorphisms associated with response to methotrexate in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Sci Rep. 2018 May
- The Allostery Model of TCR Regulation. J Immunol, 2017 Jan
- Identification of Potential Small Molecule Binding Pockets in p38α MAP Kinase. J Chem Inf Model, 2017 Sep
- Flavonoid allosteric modulation of mutated visual rhodopsin associated with retinitis pigmentosa. Sci Rep. 2017 Sep
- Insulin Regulates Astrocytic Glucose Handling Through Cooperation With IGF-I. Diabetes. 2017 Jan
- Identification of a Novel Inhibitory Allosteric Site in p38α. Plos One, 2016 Dec
- First-in-class inhibitor of the T cell receptor for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. Sci Transl Med, 2016 Dec
- Astrocytic Insulin Signaling Couples Brain Glucose Uptake with Nutrient Availability. Cell, 2016 Aug
- A Cholesterol-Based Allostery Model of T Cell Receptor Phosphorylation. Immunity, 2016 May
- Blockade of the Interaction of Calcineurin with FOXO in Astrocytes Protects Against Amyloid-β-Induced Neuronal Death. J Alzheimers Dis, 2016 Apr
- Essential function for the GTPase TC21 in homeostatic antigen receptor signaling. Nat Immunol, 2009 Jun
- Neuronal death by oxidative stress involves activation of FOXO3 through a two-arm pathway that activates stress kinases and attenuates insulin-like growth factor I signaling. Mol Biol Cell, 2008 May
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, MEK-1 and p38 mediate leptin/interferon-gamma synergistic NOS type II induction in chondrocytes. Life Sci, 2007 Oct
- Safety profile of protein kinase inhibitors in rheumatoid arthritis: systematic review and meta-analysis. Ann Rheum Dis, 2014 May
- Loss of serum IGF-I input to the brain as an early biomarker of disease onset in Alzheimer mice. Transl Psychiatry, 2013 Dec
- Assessment of osteoarthritis candidate genes in a meta-analysis of 9 genome-wide association studies. Arthritis Rheum, 2013 Dec
- Reduced brain insulin-like growth factor I function during aging. Mol Cell Neurosci, 2012 Jan
- RRas2, RhoG and T-cell phagocytosis. Small GTPases, 2012 Apr
- The many faces of insulin-like signalling in the brain. Nat Rev Neurosci, 2012 Mar
- Regulation of the phosphatase calcineurin by insulin-like growth factor I unveils a key role of astrocytes in Alzheimer's pathology. Mol Psychiatry, 2011 Oct
- Adipokines and osteoarthritis: novel molecules involved in the pathogenesis and progression of disease. Arthritis, 2011 Aug
- T cell receptor internalization from the immunological synapse is mediated by TC21 and RhoG GTPase-dependent phagocytosis. Immunity, 2011 Agu
- Neuronal activity drives localized blood-brain-barrier transport of serum insulin-like growth factor-I into the CNS. Neuron 834-46, 2010 Sep